A9K-RSP440-SE - ASR9K Route Switch Processor with 440G/slot Fabric and 12GB
$65,000.00 Regular Price
- Product Overview
The Cisco® ASR 9000 Series Route Switch Processor 440 (RSP 440) is a main system processor for Cisco ASR 9000 Series. It supports scalable, low-power, next-generation platforms, as well as required by today’s service provider networks.
Cisco ASR 9000 Series Routers offer one of the industry’s highest-capacity edge platforms, optimized for aggregation of dense 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 100 Gigabit Ethernet connections.
In addition to a higher capacity and scale, the Cisco ASR 9000 Series offers:
● Distributed forwarding and control planes for higher performance
● Network virtualization technology to provide excellent resilience and capacity expansion
● Modularized system components in both hardware and software, isolating failure and faults to subsystems and components
● Hardware-based signaling for the fabric, providing industry-leading resilience with zero packet loss on switchover
● Built-in redundancy in hardware components such as the route switch processor (RSP), switch fabric, control-plane chassis control bus, and power supplies, thereby avoiding a single point of failure
● Advanced network timing technologies support for precise frequency and time distribution throughout the network
● Extensive selection of time-division multiplexing (TDM) and Ethernet interfaces for flexible deployment in multiservice edge (MSE) and RAN aggregation environments with packet- and circuit-based transport
The Cisco ASR 9000 Series operates in a fully distributed fashion, meaning that all packet-forwarding decisions and actions take place on each individual line card. Cisco ASR 9000 Series line cards provide a flexible programming infrastructure with high-density hierarchical quality-of-service (H-QoS) services, security, and integrated Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE). The distributed nature of the Cisco ASR 9000 Series also presents itself in the control plane. The distributed control plane facilitates scale in features